Fish fillets mee hoon soup (Yu tau mai fun)
After seeing the fish fillets mee hoon soup photos on Nasi Lemak Lover, I could not stop thinking about it. The thought of it every time really made me drool. I just could not stand it anymore and I have to eat one!! So, the quickest way to eat one is to cook it myself (as usual). Since the recipe does not requires a lot of ingredients and Matt is at the nursery, I spend the afternoon preparing it.
Note: My photo may not look as delicious as Nasi Lemak Lover =p
Here's the recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover. Her recipe does not have the exact amount of ingredients, so I adjusted the amount accordingly to my taste.
Ingredients:
500g fish fillet, cut into bite size (I used cod fish fillet)
Mee hoon2 tomato, cut wedges
200g preserved vegetables, sliced
Evaporated milk
Some ginger slices
Spring onion, cut 1” in length
Chopped garlic
Broth ingredients:
Chicken carcasses (I used two chicken thighs instead)
1-2 tbsp of whole white pepper (I used only 1 tbsp)
Ikan bilis (anchovies)
Cabbage (Omitted)
Carrot (Omitted)
Salt to taste
Method:
1) In a large pot, add all broth ingredients (adjust the amount accordingly) with water, bring to boil and simmer over low flame for at least 1 hour. Season with salt, set aside.
2) Marinate fish fillet with salt, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper for 30 minutes, coat with corn flour/tapioca flour, deep fry till brown, set aside.
3) Saute chopped garlic with cooking oil till golden brown, set aside.
4) Soak Mee Hoon (rice vermicelli) in water till soft, drain and set aside.
5) Bring broth to boil, add in ginger slices, tomato and preserved vegetables, boil for 15minutes.
6) Add in Mee Hoon and evaporate milk, cook for 1-2 minutes, turn off the flame.
7) Ladle the Mee Hoon soup into a serving bowl, garnish with deep fried fish fillets, garlic oil and spring onion. Serve hot with fresh chilli and soy sauce dipping sauce.
Hubby said it was delicious. Yeay!

No comments:
Post a Comment