Banana and walnut tea loaf
This is my very first attempt in baking. After buying a mixer and kitchen scales which remain kept in the cupboard for some time, it was time for a little action (hubby has been saying no action from me after so long) =p
So, here is my first cake..
100g butter (softened)
140g light muscovado sugar (I used caster sugar instead)
2 eggs lightly beaten
100g walnuts chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp milk225 self raising flour
Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter and line a 1kg loaf tin.
2) Mix the butter and sugar with a mixer, then add the eggs.
3) Set aside 25g walnuts, then fold the rest into the beater mixture with the bananas and milk. Fold in the flour.
4) Spoon into the tin and sprinkle over the reserved walnuts.
5) Bake for 55-60 mins until risen. Stand for 10 mins, then turn out, remove the lining paper and cool.
Serves 12
My cake turned out all right but it wasn't sweet enough for my hubby's liking. What I like about this cake was the crunchiness of the walnuts. I like to munch on it.. =)
I didn't have high expectation though..so I would say I pass myself on this first attempt. HAHA!

No comments:
Post a Comment