'Mum mum' time
Matt turned 6 months old last Saturday. How time flies! From the day he was born and seeing him growing bigger and stronger each day is something that money can't buy. Now that Matt is 6 months old, we can officially wean him. It is recommended that parents wean their babies about 6 months.
A few day earlier, I went to Asda to get Matt some jarred foods and baby rice.
I bought a variety of flavours ranging from pureed vegetables to fruits. Once Matt gets comfortable eating his solids, I will prepare it on my own. It is fresher and healhtier as commercial baby foods have been heated to a very high temperature and then cooled, in order to sterilise them. This gives them a very long shelf life but destroys a lot of the flavour and some of the nutrients in the process.
The first time we fed Matt, he didn't really eat a lot. It was probably the taste and texture that seems so different from his usual milk. However, for his second feed on the same day, he progressed a lot. In fact, he was crying for more! Haha! Anyway, Matt never says no to his food! ;)
I've bought a book by Annabel Karmel which will help to guide on the weaning process. Right now, it's a process of adjusting how much solid, milk and how many times to feed him.
This is definitely another milestone for us as parents and Matt's growth development.

No comments:
Post a Comment