Bootmgr is compressed
I felt that my laptop had it's second chance to live. Thank God everything remains intact. No reformatting required, no new installation of softwares required whatsoever. I should be more than glad.
I learned a lesson well. Of course paying the 'medical' bill for it too. Let's not talk about how much I paid for it. I'll just assume I paid in MYR and sleep over it. Well, it wasn't to the extend to be able to buy a new one though.
Just to share this 'little' lesson. You see..I have this 'quirky' habit that I don't like to see my HDD space to be taken up. I always like to do a disk cleanup to free more space in the HDD. What I did on Tuesday was, I checked on this little box 'Compress this drive to save disk space' in the C drive properties not knowing the detrimental consequences it would bring. I thought checking the box would give more disk space to the laptop.
On Wednesday morning, I turned on the laptop. Everyting was fine. Then the Windows needs an update, so I let it run and the laptop needs to be restarted. That's when the problem show.
When it was trying to restart, a black screen prompt up with this message..
I thought maybe the laptop got a little 'cranky'. So I just did as said, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Despite trying numerous time, the same message appear. Even after trying to remove the battery and retry..same results. OMG!!
To cut the story short and the lesson to learn is..
This is because the OS file is compressed and not able to load to run the Windows. It wasn't really because the OS got corrupted (as what I've been told initially). If the HDD ran out of space, just backup the files in an external HDD to increase the disk space.
To resolve the problem if any of you encounter it in the future (which I hope not because this was really a silly thing I did to myself), you can try the solutions from here, “Bootmgr is compressed solution”. The PC doctor said the 'cure' was a combinations of the solutions.
So I learn something new now. And my DEAREST laptop..please be GOOD ok!

1 comment:
thanks for sharing this tip! I always looks at how much space my HDD has as well, but I never thought of compressing it....
Post a Comment