Claypot Chicken Rice (without claypot)
I have been wondering what to cook for the day. Initially I wanted to do the fried rice again. Just lazy to think of what to cook and with one cook, I can eat it for 3 meals. Save gas and water..hahahaha!
And suddenly, the idea of doing the claypot chicken rice popped in. I still have chicken breasts..so why not? I quickly pull up the Claypot Chicken Rice recipe from The Star Online Kuali. Gathered the necessary ingredients..
Ingredients:
350g long grain rice, washed and drained well
375ml water
20g boneless salt fish (Mergui dried fish), chopped
375ml water
20g boneless salt fish (Mergui dried fish), chopped
(A):
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
250g deboned chicken meat
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
250g deboned chicken meat
(B):
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
3 black mushrooms, soaked till soft and cut into thin slices
25g Chinese sausage (optional), sliced thinly
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour
3 black mushrooms, soaked till soft and cut into thin slices
25g Chinese sausage (optional), sliced thinly
Seasoning (mix together with rice when cooking):
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Maggi chicken stock granules
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic oil
1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Maggi chicken stock granules
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic oil
1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
Method:
Marinade chicken with (B) for 30 minutes. Marinade salt fish with (A) and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and stir-fry marinated chicken meat. Add mushroom slices, sliced chinese sausage and seasoning. Dish out and put aside.
Mix rice with water and add marinated saltfish. Put rice into an electric cooker and cook rice as usual. After seven or eight minutes, or when rice is almost cooked and dry, add stir-fried chicken meat and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked. (The recipe wasn't very clear. Here's the confusing part. You actually need to mix the rice not only with water but also the seasoning).
Dish rice into a serving bowl and garnish with chilli strips, chopped spring onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
No mushrooms, salt fish and Chinese sausages used because I don't have these ingredients. If you like the smell of sesame oil, can put in an additonal tsp. The smell is really GREAT! Try to leave the rice cooker on "Stay warm" 15-20 minutes before serving.
Here's the result...
Sorry! No spring onion and chili strips for garnishing. So look a little 'unappealing'. But the taste was not too bad. The chicken was really tender. I am rating myself 70% for this.
Hubby..I'll cook for you next time ok? =)

No comments:
Post a Comment