Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bridal shop quest

Oh man!! It's such a tiring day today. I didn't know that scouting for bridal shops can be an exausting task. Ladies..marriage preparation is really hard work!!

I was on a quest today for bridal shops around the SS2 area with my close friend, Yen. We spent 5 hours in 3 bridal shops which include the De-Casamia, Vogue Collection and Redbliss.

We spent a whole 2 hours at De-Casamia speaking to the bridal consultant. As it was the first bridal shop we went into, I guess it is not suprising to be there for so long. I kind of like their work portfolios especially the outdoor ones. The couples poses were as if they were having a good time rather than taking shoots. Less stress which something my fiance and I are hoping for. The packages were quite ok as well. One thing I noted about De-Casamia is the management style is very systematic as compared to the other two. Everything is well documented.

Next, we moved on to Vogue Collection. Vogue's portfolios are also nice but it's the albums' finishing that I didn't quite like. When I spoke to the bridal consultant, it seems that the pages are not seamless when it comes to matte finishing. I am not too sure if it's something that the bridal shop can't do. I guess I would strike Vogue Collection from my list now.

I headed to Redbliss on my own as Yen needs to attend a function. Redbliss has always been "The bridal shop" I must go to check out. I fell in love with their work when an ex-colleague showed me her pre-wedding photos. I just love the background of the sea and clear blue skies. There were such beautiful photos!! Couples poses were natural and candid in a way. You can tell a lot that they were having such FUN time! Indoor shootings are with clean background ie.plain white, black or silver. Just lovely..meet my concept of simple yet nice.

I'll probably check out a couple more bridal shops before making the final decision with my fiance when he returns next month. Just a word of advise is not to scout for too many because it will confuse you. At the end of the day, the packages are almost the same. The main difference is whether you like their portfolios.

All right..wish me luck in getting the perfect bridal shop for my dream wedding photos.

1 comment:

n i l e e y said...

i visited Love Vision, De Casamia and TOMS on Sunday with my friend. I thought De Casamia and TOMS were very professional. Love Vision is out for me. However, I still haven't found THE dress, unlike my friend, who found it at TOMS....