Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ahmoi.com

So it is true. Ahmoi.com indeed is an existing site! In my recent blog “Am I single and available?” , I relate the call I received to a colleague and she told me she has heard of the site before. Ooo..even my better half has also heard of it. All right!! I'm probably a little outdate if any of you have heard Ahmoi.com.

Anyway, I took a tour of the site. Basically, it is a local online community that lets you meet new friends and caters to all walks of life. You can browse around for new potential friend who have the same common interest, talks to others online etc. In a nutshell, it's a site where you can find potential single men and women.

I checked out the founders of Ahmoi.com . All of them are Malaysian in their early 30s. Seeing the vast potential there was for online communities, they conceptualised their vision to develop the largest online community in Malaysia.

It just make me wonder, how genuine are those who actually registered on Ahmoi.com. In the community that we are living in now, how do we know if biodatas given are true?

I was once giving false biodatas as well but that was many years back during the pre-uni and uni days ;). I told a little white lie about my age. Sometimes even on my gender..haha!! Flirt online etc. Back then, IRC and Mamak chat were very popular (similar to MSN/Yahoo messenger now). It was just that you don't tend to give so much "true" informations because you can't tell if the other party is also doing the same thing.

I'll leave it up to you to check out Ahmoi.com (click here) =)

No comments: