Friday, February 23, 2007

2007 Chinese New Year

Gong Xi Fatt Choy!! I would say that Chinese New Year celebration this year was very well spent for me.

I took an additional 3 days off so I get the whole week for the celebration, something which I rarely done since I started working. I would usually be back to work on the 4th day of the CNY the past years because by then, most visiting would be completed as all relatives stays in the Klang Valley. Staying at home was also boring because Chinese New Year programmes usually end on the 3rd on CNY. I also do not travel outstation for visiting, hence returning to work would be the most ideal thing to do.

So what did I do with the additional days I took this year? The first couple of days of CNY were spent in KL visiting relatives and also being visited by relatives. On the 3rd and 4th day, I was in Melaka to visit my boyfriend's family. This is my first time travelling outstation during CNY for visiting purpose.

5th and 6th day were spent with my significant half doing the usual things couples do..shopping at the malls, movie, sipping our favourite coffees, activities that I had been deprived off the past one year. Absolutely appreciating every moment together. Well, a couple more days to enjoy before I return to work next Monday.

Speaking of eating during CNY, I just realised that I have not eaten a single mandarin orange yet. Wow!! It seems to be out of my mind totally partly due to my cough which is not fully recovered yet. I also binged a lot lesser on the cookies as well. The suprising thing is that I don't have much cravings for anything in particular this year.

The weather for CNY this year too was unlike the scorching heat we usually get. I was pleasantly surprised that it either rains early in the morning or late evening. It would definitely be great if this happens every year.

My CNY angpows collection this year seems to be rather fruitful. I haven't count any yet but I can say that my biggest angpows came from my parents. Well, it will end up in my savings though. Hmmm...I wonder how many more years I can still collect before I start giving?

No comments: