Braised potato chicken
I am not sure if my mum has done this version of the braised potato chicken before but dish feel so homely when I ate it. I thoroughly enjoyed the potatoes more than the chicken itself =)
This was a recipe I stumbled upon at No Frills Recipe. Very easy recipe..can't really go wrong.
Ingredients:
1/2 a free-range chicken, about 420 gm - skin removed and chopped to bite size
400 gm potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters5 pips garlic
3 shallots
2 tsp preserved bean paste (Tau Cheong / Tauchu)
3/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp cornflour + 1 tbsp water to thicken
Oil for frying
Method:
1) Wash the chicken pieces and marinate with salt for about an hour.
2) Lightly pound together the garlic and shallots.
3) Heat up pan with some oil, saute the pounded ingredients till fragrant, add in the preserved bean paste, stir-fry.
4) Add in the marinated chicken, stir-fry, then the potatoes, stir-fry.
5) Add in 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, dark soya sauce and oyster sauce and let it simmer till the chicken are tender and the potatoes, soft.
6) Add in the thickening, fine tune to taste, dish out and serve hot with rice.
Highly recommended home cooked dish!

No comments:
Post a Comment