Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Muah chee

I loved to eat Muah Chee when I was still in Malaysia. I would definitely buy it when I go to pasar malam. I totally forgot about this food until I stumbled upon Little Teochew's blog on how to make it. After looking at the recipe, I didn't know that Muah Chee is so SUPER DUPER EASY to make. Here is one to share:

Ingredients:
A)
250g glutinous rice flour
375ml water
2 tbsp shallot oil (I just used normal sunflower oil)

(B)
250g peanuts, toasted and ground finely (Can actually half the peanuts because I am left with so much)
50g sugar (I've added more sugar because it wasn't sweet enough to me)


Method:

1) Mix (B) together to create peanuts and sugar mixture.



2) Mix (A) in a covered Pyrex bowl and microwave on high for 7 mins.

 Mixture before microwaving

 Mixture after microwaving


3) When done, cut a big piece out and plonk it into the peanut/sugar mixture. Then start cutting into small pieces like the Muah Chee hawkers (As you cut and roll the little pieces around in the peanut mix, it won't stick to one another or the scissors). Coat well and serve immediately.


Finally..the ready to serve Muah Chee!!


Absolutely yummy and easy!

1 comment:

Winnie Ho said...

wow lili i'm so impressed with your initiative to make "food"....keep it up...muahchee looks good!!!