Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Braised yam with red fermented beancurd

This is one of my favourite home cooked dish by my mum. It took me time to locate the ingredient red fermented beancurd. I didn't know what it was called in English because I only knew it as 'nam yee'. Finally managed to get it from See Woo and I cooked this dish last weekend. Very simple recipe.


Ingredients:
1 medium size yam (taro)
A handful of dried shrimps (chopped)
2-3 blocks of red fermented beancurd (smashed)
1.5 cups of water
Salt to taste

Method:
1) Cut the yam to bite size. Pan fry the yam till golden brown and dish out.
2) Fry the dried shrimps till fragrant.
3) Once fragrant, add in the yam.
4) Mix the red fermented beancurd with 1.5 cups of water and pour into the yam and dried shrimps.
5) Braised till the yam is soft. Continue to add water if necessary and add salt to taste.

Hubby said it was nice. YEAY!!

Mum: I did it!! =)

No comments: