Vegetable curry
Do expect to see more cooking backlog postings. This was a dish cooked 2 weeks ago. The recipe was from My Kitchen Snippets.
Ingredients for the curry paste:
10 dried red chilies - soak in hot water
4 shallots
4 cloves of garlic
1" of turmeric
1" of galangal
1" of ginger
2 stalk of lemongrass
3 tbsp of curry powder
Blend all the above ingredients with a bit of water and set aside.
Vegetables: (or add your own ingredients)
1 cup of french beans - cut to 1" length
2 zucchini - cut to 1" length
4 potatoes - quartered
2 carrots - cut to 1" length
1 piece of Tempe - slice thinly and pan fried until brown
2 pieces of fried tofu - cut to cubes
Note: I used white cabbage, brinjals and okras as the ingredients.
2 cups of coconut milk
2 kafir lime leaves
1 tsp of sugar
Salt to taste
I left the galangal out for the curry paste because I didn't manage to get it. Something was amiss about the curry taste. I didn't really like it. My guess was because of the curry powder I was using which was meant for meat/chicken curry cooking.
A friend in NY recommended to use Pataks Vindaloo Paste which turn out to be great for vegetable curry and also much simpler. I'll probably try it the next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment