Home style Penang Char Kuey Teow
I have this sudden craving for Penang Char Kuey Teow last week. It was kinda bad that I have the urge to travel to Kiasu in Bayswater just to have a plate of it. Anyway, I did my version of Penang Char Kuey Teow for lunch today. Of course, there is no comparison to the real one that you get at the hawker stalls which taste a lot better.
So this is my home style version of Penang Char Kuey Teow..
I like it plain..so, there weren't any prawns, cockles and 'kau choi' in it. Only with bean sprouts and eggs. It's quite easy to cook. I "learned" by observing how the Char Kuey Teow people did it back home (while waiting to tapau).
Ingredients
Kuey Teow
Bean sprouts (if you like it, put more)
Garlics (chopped)
Prawns (shelled)
One egg (for one serving)
Chinese Sausages, 5 to 10 slices (optional)
Cockles, shelled (optional)
Seasoning
Light Soya Sauce (to taste)
Dark Soya Sauce (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)
Salt to taste
Chili paste, to taste (optional)
Method
1) Fry garlics until fragrant
2) Add prawns and Chinese Sausages
3) Add kuey teow, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, salt to taste, chili paste and sugar (You can actually premix the soya sauces with sugar, chili and salt first).
4) Fry until the dark soya sauce are evenly mixed with the kuey teow
5) Add egg and fry for a while
6) Lastly, add bean sprouts and cockles.
Penang Fried Kueh Teow is ready right in front of you. I give myself a 7/10. Ok lar..at least it satisfied my "craving" =p

No comments:
Post a Comment