Current job in London
It's been a month since I have been here.
Current job:-
1) High class term : 'Siu lai lai' (Housewife enjoying life ie. going for tea, shopping, mahjongplaying etc). Not happening in reality. My advice, don't watch too much HK drama series to dream such life.
2) Professional term : Domestic engineer (Housewife doing house chores, cooking
etc). Exclude taking care of baby. No such plan yet.
3) Layman term : Housewife
4) 'Fun' term : 'Grape picker' a.k.a 'Penganggur'. You got that?
My job search has been futile so far. Tonnes of online job applications including some that is totally irrelevant to what I had been doing. I've met some recruitment agencies to help with the job search. Till today, they are still searching for the 'right' job. At the end of the day, even after I say yes for the CV to be send to the client, it's really whether their client feels that I am the 'right' fit to what they are looking for.
I suddenly felt that my past 8.8years of working experience is going down the drain. Is it not worth at all here in the UK? I believe I fit the role but I don't think they do. Am I over qualified, under qualified?
I don't hold a ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualifications. I don't have UK working experience. Sorry, no UK GAAP experience too..!! But that is the fact..I don't have these all.
I am not going to 'pepper' my CV to match perfectly to what a role is looking for. I am not totally frustrated but as the days goes by, it will somehow or rather be demotivating. And the sudden lost in life wondering what the heck am I doing?
Friends keep on telling me to enjoy my life as 'siu lai lai'. Some envy that I am not working and get to enjoy life here. Plus of all places, LONDON! They would rather trade their current suffering job with my current position. Oh yeah!
Life is really not a bed of roses here, as much as I wish. A friend speak my heart out today.."Sometimes it is so hard to enjoy life when you feel uncertainties". It's true.
All I need is that ONE golden ticket opportunity. I can't control the world economy. The best I can do now is to keep myself motivated, patient and keep trying. Loads of prayers and be happy!
That GOLDEN ticket opportunity will come one day!

1 comment:
hey li li, will keep you in my prayers :)
meanwhile, hope you can enjoy one day at a time, take a break!
Post a Comment