Saturday, February 09, 2008

Gong Xi Fatt Chai

Gong Xi Fatt Chai!! Wishing everyone a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year. May the year of the Rat continue to bring everyone sparkling happiness, good fortune and wealth always.

It's the 3rd day of CNY. I'll be heading to Malacca shortly to visit my fiance's family. CNY celebration this year is more relaxing as compared to the past years although I have to log on intermittently to support work request from US.

First thing for sure was there was less baking this year..PHEW! I had been mum's assistance since the early 90s. Mum's enjoys baking so much that she can spent hours making cookies. Secondly, there was also less cooking on the 2nd day of CNY. The usual tradition since 2004 was having open house to my father's relatives. Mum would be doing her usual cooking and hence, my assistance required again. Don't get me wrong as this is not an act to complain. I sure do enjoy my CNY celebration this year.

Not to mention, this will be my last year "RECEIVING" angpows as a single status with the fact that I have to start GIVING next year!!

Once again, wishing everyone a good year ahead..GONG XI GONG XI!!

1 comment:

n i l e e y said...

gong xi fa cai to you too! tell me about being constantly reminded that this will be my last year receiving ang pow!